If you only cancel part of your booking or decrease the number of people in the party then any relevant refund will only be paid once the entire booking has been recalculated and any changes in price taken into account. Where possible we will endeavour to accommodate any reasonable request to change your booking. Where your travel arrangements depend on a certain number of people and your change involves a change to the number of people in your party the price for the entire booking will be recalculated on the basis of the new party size. Where we are not able, at our discretion, to help you in respect of your request to change your booking and you are not prepared to proceed with your travel arrangements as booked this will be treated as a cancellation and you will have to pay the cancellation charges set out above in this paragraph by – Sucursal Em Portugal Trading as – Activities In Portugal – We strongly recommend that Clients provide accurate details and insure against cancellation where possible. Prior to when cancellation terms will be applied (ie more than 60 days in advance) if the Client wants to change the Program or the numbers or members of the booking party after the Booking Confirmation has been issued, then in each separate instance there is an administration fee of 25.00 euros payable together with any additional charges or costs imposed by – Sucursal Em Portugal Trading as – Activities In Portugal – or its Suppliers. In the event of certain major changes to the Program or the numbers of the booking party or the dates of the planned Program, this request may be treated as a cancellation of the initial booking and the booking of a new Program. In such cases cancellation charges may be incurred. – Sucursal Em Portugal Trading as – Activities In Portugal – will advise the Client upon receiving request/s to make amendments if this is the case. Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us.
By Us Although it is unlikely that we will need to make changes or cancellations we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and due to circumstances beyond our control. We shall inform you of such changes as soon as possible and offer an alternative of a comparable standard, if available. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation. Very rarely, we may be forced by “force majeure” to change or terminate any part or all of your booking either immediately before or after departure. If this situation does occur we will not make any refunds unless we obtain refunds from our suppliers, nor can we pay any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result. We also reserve the right to withhold 25 euros to cover the cost charged to us by our card payment supplier and other admin costs when refunds are made due to cancellations by the supplier.
6. FORCE MAJEURE Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “force majeure”. In these booking conditions, “force majeure” means any event, which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, virus, fire and all similar events outside our control.
7. BEHAVIOUR When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us (together with your own and the other party’s legal costs) as a result of your actions. Any costs (including damage) that remain unsettled after booking party departure will automatically be charged against the deposit/bond/guarantee. In the case of insufficient deposit/bond/guarantee the Client will be pursued for recovery of the full amount and any expenses incurred, including time and administration, in pursuing recovery. In the instances of any damage or payment obligations – Activities In Portugal – may forward all Client details to any relevant Supplier for direct contact. Failure of the booking party to quickly and fully settle outstanding expenses may result in criminal charges being brought against the booking party by the Supplier and or Actividades Macaco Rosa – Activities In Portugal -, and or any external organisation for the purpose of pursuing these damages. If the booking party behave in such a way resulting in a Supplier’s relationship with – Sucursal Em Portugal Trading as – Activities In Portugal – being terminated, Clients will be pursued for compensation by – Sucursal Em Portugal Trading as – Activities In Portugal – for a minimum of 2000 euros per supplier. We expect our clients to have consideration for other people. If, in our reasonable opinion, or in the opinion of any other person in authority, you or any member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to property, we are entitled, without your prior notice, to terminate the booking of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned will be required to leave the service. We will have no further responsibility toward such person(s) including any travel arrangements. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
8. COMPLAINTS In the unlikely event that you are dissatisfied with any services provided by us or our representatives you must immediately inform the relevant supplier. Failure to notify the supplier immediately whilst on your trip may deprive us/them of the opportunity to rectify the complaint whilst you are away and this may affect your rights under this contract. If your complaint is not resolved locally and you remain dissatisfied you must email to us – admin@ActivitiesInPortugal.com– within 28 days of your return home. We will acknowledge receipt of your correspondence and we will respond to all complaints in written format within 28 days. Please rest assured we will do our best to resolve your case more swiftly than this. No complaint will be accepted after 28 days of your return and you will be deemed to have been fully satisfied with all parts of the booking made by us. Rua Neves Ferreira, 22C, Penha Da Franca, Lisboa.
9. LIABILITY The contractual terms and conditions of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements will apply to this contract. These may contain terms which may limit or exclude liability to you for certain events. In respect of activities arranged by us as part of your travel arrangements, we act only as booking agent. We therefore exclude all liability for any aspect of the activity arrangements and, in particular, liability for any loss, personal injury or death. Where activities are indicated as being available it is not intended that this should be taken as a recommendation to take part. We neither own nor operate these facilities and therefore cannot and do not provide assurances that they are maintained or operated with customers safety in mind. Please note that some activities may also be considered “hazardous pursuits” by insurance companies and may require a premium if you wish to be adequately covered by the policy you decide to take out.
10. LATE ARRIVALS / DELAYS It is your responsibility to arrive at all departure or pick-up points at the time specified in the tickets and/or itineraries supplied by – Activities In Portugal -. We will not accept responsibility for the consequences of late or non-arrival as specified above and no money will be refunded if you miss any part of your weekend as a result. Where the arrival time of your flight is delayed and we have arranged airport transfers we will endeavour to hold the transfer for as long as possible but if this is not possible you will have to make your own arrangements on arrival and Actividades Macaco Rosa – Activities In Portugal – will not be liable for any additional costs incurred or refunds.
11. PASSPORTS, VISAS, HEALTH REQUIREMENTS AND DRIVING LICENCES You are responsible for the provision of necessary valid documents required for your trip including visas.
12. INSURANCE We strongly advise all customers to have adequate travel insurance in place as soon as a booking is confirmed, including adequate cover for any activities included in your weekend. This is your responsibility and an insurance waiver form must be signed by you to this effect.
13. HEALTH Prior to travelling abroad, you are advised to study the information given in DHSS Leaflet “Protect your Health Abroad”.
14. ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS Should your activity have to be cancelled on the day due to safety precautions in respect to adverse weather condition 1, if the supplier is forced to cancel the activity and will not provide any alternative activity you are entitled to a 80% refund 2, if the supplier is able to partially offer the activity removing the elements that are causing health and safety concerns – Sucursal Em Portugal Trading as – Activities In Portugal – will not refund any costs.